Organizational Standards COE was developed to assist States and local CSBG-eligible entities to set and meet high organizational standards that can be used across the Network. The COE was called upon to develop a product with input from all key stakeholders, and create tools for organizational assessment that can be used by States and local CSBG eligible entities to set and meet high-quality organizational standards and enhance accountability.
- Assess organizational capacity and performance in the CSBG Network by facilitating input from Community Action Agencies, State CSBG Offices, RPICs, State Associations, and national CSBG T/TA partners on new and/or existing Organizational Standards.
- Coordinate and lead activities related to implementation of Organizational Standards that will ensure that Community Action Agencies have the organizational capacity to effectively address the needs of low-income individuals and communities.
- Develop curricula and training materials for tools that will ensure that all Community Action Agencies can be effectively assessed according to a consistent set of Organizational Standards.
- Collaborate with RPICs, ROMA Next Generation COE, CSBG Legal T/TA Center, and other CSBG national T/TA partners and stakeholder organizations
- Continue to build and enhance the web-based CSBG T/TA Resource Center to ensure that State CSBG Offices, State Associations, and CAAs have access to a web-based shared calendar, T/TA request system, consultant bank, and discussion forums.
Assist States and CAAs to set and meet high performance standards that can be used across the Network in areas such as:
- Organizational Leadership
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Operations
- Consumer Input and Involvement
- Community Engagement
- Board Governance
- The Community Action Partnership (CAP)
- Click here for the Community Action Partnership’s updated website