Division of Community Services - Department of State
Community Services Program AnalystBrief Job Description:
The Community Services Program Analyst 1 duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Performs field monitoring and provide technical assistance to agencies receiving Community Services Block Grant funds, including developing agency monitoring plans.
• Performs on-site visits to assess agency performance and compliance with statutes, regulations, policies and procedures, and provide technical assistance to address identified barriers to program success.
• Review applications, contracts, amendments, reports and other documents.
• Represents the Department of State at agency functions; and preparing various narrative and statistical reports that substantiate observations, findings and recommendations.
• The Community Services Program Analyst 1 may be required to travel regularly to agencies in different counties, including attendance to board and other meetings on evenings and weekends.
• Under the general direction of the Community Services Program Analyst 2, provide field services to assigned agencies or performs administrative support activities having Statewide implications.
• When assigned to a field office, an incumbent develops Individual Monitoring Plans (IMP), which include the month, purpose and expected result of site visits for each assigned grantee; conducts Grantee Service Contact Report (GSCR) according to processes, procedures and schedules.
• Performs on-site visits to determine actions required by grantees to ensure that programs comply with statutes, regulations, policies and procedures; assesses progress made toward expected goals and outcomes; identifies barriers to achieving the desired goals and outcomes stated in the grantee approved Work Plan.
• Develops the process for providing or obtaining training and technical assistance to ensure improvement.
• Prepares program certificates for payment processing; conducts refund conferences to determine eligibility; attends agency board meetings to verify attendance.
• Assists grantees in developing disaster preparedness plans; provides assistance during and after emergencies or disasters.
• Collects and reviews applications, contracts, amendments, reports and other documents; interprets laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures governing funds received by grantees.
Click here for a link to the full job descriptionHow to Apply:
If you are interested and meet the minimum qualifications above, email your cover letter, and resume to HRM.Recruitment@dos.ny.gov. Please include Title, Location and Vacancy ID # you are applying for in the subject line of your email.Application Deadline: