Are you interested in using NYSCAA’s Community Needs Assessment? If so, please contact Francesca Sommer. To learn more about the Community Needs Assessment, please watch the video below. You can also access the presentation by clicking here.
Below are the resources listed in the Community Action Resource Guide. Click here to download a List of Resource Options in MS Word format.
- Auto Loans
- Entrepreneurship – Small Business Start Up
- Financial Counseling
- Free Tax Prep – VITA
- Wheels to Work
- Other Asset Development Services
- After School Programming
- Child Care Resource Referral
- Early Head Start
- Head Start
- Home Visits
- Other Preschool or Day Care Program
- Parent Education
- Summer Camp
- Other Children’s Services
- ABE – GED
- College Awareness or Prep
- College Level Courses
- Computer Training
- Cyber Cafe – Computer Lab
- Family Literacy
- Job Training
- Literacy Volunteers
- Other Education Services
- Appliance Management Program
- Energy Audits
- Heating System Repair – Replacement
- Utility Advocacy
- Other Energy Services
- Health Care Case Management
- Crisis Services
- Family Planning
- Health – Welllness Education
- Healthy Family NY
- Navigator Services
- Other Health Related Services
- Homelessness Prevention
- Permanent Housing – Families
- Permanent Housing – Individuals
- Shelter – DV
- Shelter – Families
- Shelter – Individuals
- Other Housing Services
- Farm 2 Market – Farm Market
- Food Network
- Food Pantry
- Free Meal Program
- Summer Lunch Program
- Other Nutrition Services
- Congregate Meals or Meals on Wheels
- Elder Care
- Elder Home Repair
- Foster Grandparents – RSVP – Senior Aide
- Senior Housing
- Others Services for Seniors
- Citizenship – Immigration – Refugee Services
- Community Action Angels
- Legal Aid
- Poverty Simulation
- Other Services Not Included in Survey
NYSCAA is hoping to create an IT Staff listing/email distribution list to share knowledge throughout NY State Agencies. Please enter as much information as you have on the IT Director/Lead IT Staff at your agency.
Oops! We could not locate your form.
Below is a sampling of some of the recent news from our agencies.
Does your agency have news to share? Let Kimberly Brisk, Communications & Event Coordinator know!
Below you will find the registration information for the webinar Denise Harlow will be conducting on the assessment tool for the Organizational Standards.
Please share this with staff and board members who will be responsible for preparing the supporting documentation for the Annual Compliance Review of Organizational Standards (ACROS).
|NYS and CSBG Organizational Standards by Community Action Partnership|
|Tuesday, September 29, 2015|
|2:00 pm | Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00) | 1 hr 30 mins|
Click here to register!
NYSCAA has revamped the Community Action Resource Guide (CARG). This previously paper document is now a search-able form on our website. The CARG provides a full listing of New York’s Community Action Agencies and the services they provide. Here are some suggested starting points for using the new guide:
- Print a full list of all agencies and the details of the services they provide
- Look for a concise list of what major service categories (children services, energy, nutrition etc.) each agency provides
- Search via text and view the results on a map
- Delve deeper into a specific service category
Click here to access the guide!