- Talk, Inc. How Trusted Leaders Use Conversation to Power Their Organizations – Boris Groysberg and Michael Slind, Harvard Business Review Press 2012
- Passion and Purpose: Stories from the Best and Brightest Young Business Leaders, Joan Coleman, Daniel Gulati and W. Oliver Segovia, Harvard Business Review Press 2012
- Good to Great (2001), Jim Collins, and its companion piece, dedicated to nonprofits, Good to Great in the Social Sectors (2005)
- The 360 Degree Leader Developing Your Influence From Anywhere in the Organization, John Maxwell, (2011):
- Who Moved MY Cheese?, Dr. Spencer Johnson, 2006
- Leadership Challenge, 4th edition 2008, James M. Kouzes, Barry Z. Posner
- Encouraging the Heart, 2003, James M. Kouzes, Barry Z. Posner
- Leading Change, 1996, John P. Kotter
- Managing the Non-Profit Organization, Peter Drucker,1992
- Community Action Partnership (CAP)
The nonprofit, national membership organization representing the interests of the 1,100 Community Action Agencies (CAAs) across the country
- Community Action Program Legal Services (CAPLAW)
Provides effective legal education and assistance that enables Community Action Agencies to enhance their capacity to operate legally sound organizations.
- National Association for State Community Services Programs (NASCSP)
NASCSP members are state administrators of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) and the U.S. Department of Energy’s Weatherization Assistance Program (DOE/WAP).
- The Nonprofit Quarterly
- The Bridgespan Group
A nonprofit advisor and resource for mission-driven organizations and philanthropists
- Virtual CAP
Virtual CAP provides an in-depth look at innovative programs and projects developed by Community Action Agencies around the United States.
- blue avocado
Practical, provocative and fun food-for-thought for nonprofits
- Coalition on Human Needs
An alliance of national organizations working together to promote public policies which address the needs of low-income and other vulnerable populations.
- Center for American Progress
An independent nonpartisan educational institute dedicated to improving the lives of Americans through progressive ideas and action.