ABOUT ALBANY COMMUNITY ACTION PARTNERSHIP:
Are you an experienced HR professional and are looking to apply your skills in a non-profit setting? Do you enjoy sharing your knowledge to support and guide the human resources goals of an organization?
Join a community-based organization which employs a diverse group of individuals who are passionate about serving low-income families in Albany County. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Human Resources is responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing Human Resources objectives in coordination with agency strategic and operational objectives. The Director acts as the overall leader of the HR team.
The Human Resources Director is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing human resource objectives in coordination with agency strategic and operational objectives.
The HR Director will be responsible for:
• Oversee hiring practices from recruitment to retention planning and exit interviewing
• Compliance with legal, contractual, and agency requirements relevant to areas of responsibility, including the maintenance of all reporting systems and databases necessary to meet the requirements of outside regulators;
• Serve as a resource to staff members and managers for interpreting and following policies and procedures, and for guidance navigating their roles within the agency;
• Administers employee wellness and benefits programs;
• Responsible for oversight of compliance with health& safety regulations to ensure safe worksites;
• Assists with investigating complaints and employee relations issues and ensures findings are documented as well as advice on disciplinary action recommendations;
• Participates in HR projects and initiatives to ensure successful and timely implementation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Human Resources, Public Administration, Business Administration or related department technical field is preferred. Also a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in human resources management with at least two (2) years in a management and supervisory role. Knowledge of federal and state labor and employment laws and regulations, and OSHA and workers compensation reporting laws and requirements required. Solid knowledge of ADP, MS Word and Excel desired. Possession of a valid driver license may be required. Previous experience in working in a nonprofit environment is a plus.
Year round position, Health, Dental & Vision; Vacation, Sick, Personal Leave; Holidays; Educational Assistance; 403(b) ; Salary commensurate with qualifications and experiences with the potential for increase every year based on performance
CLASSIFICATION / HOURS:
Exempt, Full-time (37.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year)
You may apply on our website at albanycap.org/careers-at-acap. OR
You may submit your resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.