Child Care Health Care Consultant: Pro Action’s Child Care Aware® of Steuben and Schuyler department is seeing a part-time Child Care Health Care Consultant for Steuben and Schuyler Counties, to work up to ten (10) hours per week, mostly daytime hours, and to include some flexible evening and Saturday hours.
This position requires a P.N., R.N., P.A., N.P., or M.D. Knowledge of early childhood medical and health needs is required. Knowledge of New York State Day Care Regulations established by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services is helpful. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
Must have a valid driver’s license meeting agency standards and a reliable vehicle. A criminal background check will be conducted.
The Child Care Health Care Consultant will support and provide professional development opportunities to childcare programs that will increase their ability to provide high quality care and will act as a health care resource to those programs. The Consultant will:
• Arrange for the provision of health services and health and wellness related education
• Act as a liaison between childcare programs and health care professionals
• Ensure technical assistance and consultation is offered on issues related to regulations, special health care needs, medication administration, documents supporting enrollment of well children
• Provide other health care related support
• Conduct follow up as necessary
• Prepare detailed reports meeting quality standards
• Adhere to all contractual and regulatory requirements
It is the policy of Pro Action of Steuben and Yates, Inc. to ensure equal employment opportunities for all, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, bender identity and expression, veteran status, military status, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristic, familial status, the employee’s or the employee’s dependent’s reproductive health decision making, or any other legally protected status.
Interested applicants, please apply by January 1, 2021, by submitting a letter of interest, resume, completed employment application and copies of unofficial transcripts to: Human Resources, Pro Action of Steuben and Yates, Inc. 117 E. Steuben St. Bath, NY 14810 or email to: Jobs@proactioninc.org.Application Deadline: