The Early Literacy and Learning Network (ELLN) is a collaborative project between Columbia Opportunities, Inc. and Greater Hudson Promise Neighborhood, with funding from the Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation. The Network supports families with young children as well as community organizations that work with them. Our goal is to increase literacy skills in young children so they are ready to learn by Kindergarten. We are currently spearheading a campaign that uses a three-pronged approach: trusted messengers, high quality materials, and a broad media campaign. The campaign is aligned with the principles of Too Small to Fail/Talking Is Teaching.
Immediate Opening – Early Literacy Countywide Coordinator - This is a full time (30-35 hours per week), full year position with a flexible schedule based in Hudson, NY. Some evening and weekend work will be required. The Coordinator recruits and supports a steering committee made up of diverse community volunteers representing the Early Literacy and Learning Network in Columbia County, NY. Duties also include guiding and supporting the implementation of the campaign and efforts to increase community knowledge of early literacy, and strengthen, expand and connect quality early education opportunities for young children and families. The ideal candidate will have skills and knowledge in the following areas:
• Communication –excellent oral and written communication skills, including group facilitation abilities.
• Marketing and Outreach – able to develop tools and techniques for reaching out to families. Recruit and support community strategies for collaborating with other agencies and community groups to broaden outreach to families. Able to work with a diverse
• Advocacy and Collaboration – ability to work cooperatively with community agencies. Experience with community engagement and management of volunteer-driven initiatives.
• Community Engagement - use partnerships to develop services in response to unmet needs and to reduce unnecessary duplication of services.
• Technology – intermediate to advanced computer skills, use of the Internet, data management, and analysis.
• Data Collection & Analysis
Required education and experience: Must have a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Literacy, Child Development or a related field, plus three years of experience in one of the preferred fields. Being bilingual in English and Spanish is highly desirable. A clean and valid NYS Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle is required.
When you join our team as a full time employee, you will also enjoy:
• Health & dental benefits that are cost shared by the organization
• Vision Benefits
• Retirement Savings Plan (401K) with employer contributions
• Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account for medical & dependent care expenses
• Generous paid leave including 12 holidays, vacation, personal and sick time.
• Professional development opportunities
• Federal student loan forgiveness with some positions
• Employee Assistance Program for all employees and their family
• Casual dress code
Columbia Opportunities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment or service because of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, age, disability or marital status. We believe in diversity, equity and inclusion!
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Sophia M. Becker, Early Literacy and Learning Director, 540 Columbia Street, Hudson, NY 12534 or by email to: email@example.com